Ferro Silicon is an alloy of iron and silicon with an average silicon content between 15 and 90 weight percent. It contains a high proportion of iron silicides.
Uses in the metal industry:
1. Used as a deoxidizer in the steelmaking industry, in order to obtain chemical composition of qualified steel and to ensure the quality of steel.
2. Used as inoculants and nodulizers in the cast iron industry.
3. Ferrous alloy production as a reducing agent.
4. Milled or atomized treated Ferro Silicon powder can be used as a suspension phase in the beneficiation industry.
5. Used as welding electrode coating in the electrode manufacturing industry.
Ferro Silicon (Si 75%) Malaysia
Si Al C P S 75.0% 2.0% 0.2% 0.04% 0.02% min max max max max
1. 10 - 50mm : 90.0% min
2. 50 - 100mm : 90.0% min