Ferro Aluminum (FeAl) is an alloy of iron and aluminum.
1. The deoxidation of steel, hard facing applications, reducing agent, thermite reactions, AlNiCo magnets, and alloying additions to welding wires and fluxes.
2. Manufacture low melting point alloys.
3. Carry out aluminothermic welding.
4. The presence of iron in aluminum helps in the decrease of casting defects. improves tensile, yield, hardness, and maintains strength at high temperatures.
5. Used in the process of nitriding, which is a heat-treating process that diffuses nitrogen into the surface of a metal to create a case-hardened surface. The aluminum provided in the alloy helps with this process.