Pig iron is an intermediate product of the iron industry, also known as crude iron, which is obtained by smelting iron ore in a blast furnace.
Liquid off-grade pig iron was poured into the sand and kept in an uncovered area year after year. We recycle it with washing machines and magnetic machines to remove nonmagnetic matter.
1. Can be used to produce gray iron if slag removal is available.
2. Suitable for producing ductile iron if slag removal is available.
3. Remelt in a blast arc furnace to raise crude steel productivity.
4. Iron additive to ferro silicon and many other ferrous alloys
5. Can be worked into wrought iron in forges if slag removal is available.
Pig Iron Scrap
Parameters Value TFe 90% reference Metallic Fe 85% min Silicon (Si) 1.3% max Manganese (Mn) 0.5% max Carbon (C) 3-5% Typical Titanium (Ti) 1% max Phosphorus (P) 0.08% max Sulphur (S) 0.05% max
4-7% guaranteed Moisture 1% max Size (150 - 500mm) 90% min